Spoon, for stirring
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup bulgur wheat
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup dried fruit, including raisins, cherries, cranberries, or whatever you like
- 1⁄2 cup toasted walnuts or almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup whole blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries, or sliced strawberries (or sliced fruit of your choosing
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves (if you like, or use 1⁄2 teaspoon dried)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon, orange, or apple juice
- 1 cup plain yogurt
Put the boiling water, bulgur, and salt in the bowl, cover and let stand until the water has been completely absorbed by the bulgur, about 45 minutes. Remove the cover, stir well, and set aside to cool.
Add all the other ingredients except for the yogurt and stir well. Serve right away, with a big dollop of yogurt on top.