1½ cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
2 tbsp (30 mL) white sugar
1 tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
½tsp (2 mL) ground nutmeg
½tsp (2 mL) salt
1½ cups (375 mL) 2% milk or buttermilk
1 cup (250 mL) cooked mashed American sweet
potatoes (from about 1 large sweet potato)
2 large eggs
2 tsp (10 mL) salted or unsalted butter, melted
additional butter, for making pancakes
1. In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking
powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
2. With a blender or immersion blender puree
milk, mashed sweet potatoes, eggs and the
2 tsp (10 mL) melted butter.
3. Slowly whisk milk/sweet potato mixture into
flour mixture until smooth.
4. Heat a non-stick pan or griddle over mediumlow
heat. Add enough butter to coat the
bottom of pan.
5. Pour about 1/3 cup (75 mL) batter onto pan;
cook until bubbles form, about 3 to 4 minutes.
Flip over and cook an additional 2 minutes.
Repeat with remaining batter.
6. Serve pancakes with Sweet Potato Butter and
SERVE WITH: Sweet Potato Butter – Stir or
blend together equal parts cooked mashed sweet
potato and softened butter.
Recipe created by Chef Sara Harrel on behalf of
the American Sweet Potato Marketing Institute